Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baby Shower

I'm finally getting around to posting about my baby shower. I have literally been "under the weather" for nearly 3 weeks! I must say that I had been looking forward to this day for so long. My baby shower was Saturday, January 9th. Sometime around New Years I came down with a TERRIBLE cold. Needless to say the day of my actual shower I barely had a voice and felt like I was running at about 5%, I was so bummed; although, nothing was going to stop me from attending my own baby shower. It was an AMAZING shower! My two cousins, Crystal and April, and my Aunt Darla hosted the event and I was blown away. The decorations were adorable, the food was delicious, and seeing everyone was great! Unfortunately, because I was functioning at about 5%, I didn't take A SINGLE PICTURE. Thankfully, my cousin Crystal (also one of the hostesses) took some picture. I don't know what I would have done if she would not have snapped these pictures, "thank you so much Crystal!"

The hostesses: my cousin, Crystal; my Aunt Darla; and my cousin, April.
The next two pictures are of the beautiful cupcakes. It was almost hard to eat them, they were so pretty! The butterflies on top were edible - I loved them!!



The table centerpieces. These trees were actually used at our wedding and it was so cool to see them re-used at the baby shower. This time the trees were adorned with butterflies that my cousin's and aunt cut out!!

Me, enjoying the delicious food!!

My sister, Erica and my friends, Wendy and Heather.

A diaper cake made by one of my friends, Christy. Is this not adorable!?! I think the girls will love the toys on top as well!

My cousin April made the owl applique's that are on the front of these onesies!

Two pairs of sheep slippers that were given to us by Steve's parents neighbor, Marcia. Marcia and her husband raise sheep (and..Steve spent MANY years helping out Marcia and her husband with their sheep - Steve also did 4H). The picture doesn't really do these slippers justice, they are ABSOLUTELY the MOST ADORABLE slippers!! Steve and I thank you very much Marcia!!

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are amazing! I am so glad you were able to enjoy the shower - and I hope you are feeling 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say you look pretty good for not feeling well!!!! Love those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete