Monday, January 4, 2010

28 Week Update

We hope you all are enjoying the New Year!! This may be a long post, I apologize....I wanted to share a few photos and give our 28 week update...

I realized I hadn't posted any pictures in a while, so I pulled some together for this post!! The first picture is from New Years. (I woke up at 11:58 to take this photo and promptly went back to sleep. Oh the joys of pregnancy!)

The second picture is of the diaper cake that my co-workers had made for me, for my work shower - I honestly work with the BEST group of people, I will miss them so much while I am on maternity leave!! (I just have to say....how adorable is that diaper cake??)

The last few pictures are of the nursery. Obviously, it's no where near completed, but you get the idea....things are happening in the Buschbach House!! (and as you'll see, Sophie isn't quite sure what to think of all the baby furniture - that room has always been her "tree room")





We had our appointment today and overall, it went very well. I passed the glucose test with "flying colors" (according to the nurse). Needless to say, I was quite happy about this! Sydney and Morgan also looked wonderful during our appointment, here were their stats:

Sydney - 2 lbs, 13 oz
Morgan - 2 lbs, 10 oz

With good news I guess there is always a little bit of bummer news..... My cervix shortened since the last measurement. Today it measured at exactly 3cm, during my last visit it was measuring over 4cm. I am now on weekly appointments until the babies arrive. Next week they will repeat the cervix measurement to determine whether or not it is continuing to shorten. Along with the shortened cervix, I have continued to have non-rhythmic, infrequent contractions. Due to the shortened cervix and continued contractions, the doctor has recommended that I work no more than 2 hours per day. So, I am officially on a VERY reduced work schedule. I'm not sure how well I am going to handle this minimal-work/take it easy plan, but we shall see.
In other VERY exciting news.....its only 5 days until the baby shower!! My Aunt Darla, Crystal, and April are throwing me a shower this weekend and I am SO EXCITED - I'm counting down the days/hours!!!! Photos to come (I promise)......

5 comments:

  1. The room is looking fabulous. I hope your cervix stays put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy everything is looking good and the girls are happy and healthy.
    I LOVE the nursery!! I need to come by and see it in person sometime.

    Can't wait for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures!! You take care of yourself and don't push it too hard! thinking about you lots. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was 28 weeks on New Year's last year! How cool! Love the nursery! You have so much room! I sure wish we could have fit two dressers in ours... you'll need all the storage you can get! You know, your cervix can get lengthen just as it can shorten, so don't worry about it! Enjoy your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS - Those are such cute pictures of the nursery!

    Stopping by from Multiples and More!

    ReplyDelete