Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dr. Appt Update

Playing Dress Up at Grandma's

Waiting for the Doctor

Sydney



Morgan




This is a quick post because I am supposed to be taking a nap!! Today the girls went back to the Dr. for a quick check up to make sure they were still gaining weight and that their jaundice looked better. Mommy is proud to say that they both passed with flying colors!!
Here are the stats and a feeding update:

Sydney
At the last appt, she weighed 5 lbs - today, she weighed in at 5 lbs, 12 oz. She also grew 1 1/4 inches...she's now 19 1/4 inches long!

Morgan
At the last appt, she weighed 5 lbs, 8 oz - today she weighed in at 6 lbs, 8 oz.


Feeding Update
Currently, I am able to provide enough expressed breast milk for the girls and we are not having to supplement with formula. I will be honest though, I am only nursing a couple times a day because it unfortunately leaves no time for me to sleep or get anything done around the house. Right now the girls are getting expressed breast milk from a bottle and then nurse a couple times throughout the day....and I must say I am very pleased with this. I wish that I had more hours in the day that I could just nurse them both exclusively, but I am happy that I can provide enough breast milk for them, even if its from a bottle.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go momma! I'm so excited that the girls are getting all breastmilk! We only nursed 1-2 times a day too because of latching problems and by three months they were fully on the breast. Just increase gradually as you can. You're doing a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fabulous! The girls are so adorable. They will grow fast, so continue to take lots of pictures. :)

    We love you Lex,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to supplement with my twins too because they weren't gaining enough weight. Unfortunately one of my boys decided he liked the bottle better. Just be careful... I didn't know the dangers and know am struggling to get him to take the breast again. They love the bottles because they are SO much easier... Our Lactation consultant reccommended (a little too late) the Dr Browns bottles. They are WAY better than Playtex... Just a thought

    ReplyDelete