Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cautiously Optimistic.......


After much thought about whether or not to announce the outcome of our IVF Cycle, we have decided to share our news - we are PREGNANT!! As the titled says, we are "cautiously optimistic" because Steve and I have already had a few bumps in the road, but we are hoping and praying that everthing will turn out just fine in the end and we are leaving the situation in God's hands.
On Saturday (7/18), I went in for our first blood test and it was positive, my hcg was 306. The next thing they look for is for the number to double over the next 48 hours. On Monday (7/20), we went back in and the blood test came back at 607. As you would expect, I was nervous that the number didn't quite double, but the clinic reassured me that the number was just fine. I must mention that my nervousness and anxiety was compounded by the fact that I have been spotting for the past 4 or 5 days.......ugh! We have scheduled our first early-ultrasound for 8/14, we will be 7 weeks, 6 days pregnant. Our hope and prayer is that we see a baby and a heartbeat!
Steve and I are holding onto hope and our faith in God that this will turn out the way God intends. We appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. It truly means so much to us!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! We're so happy for you both!! You guys will be in our prayers that everything continues on smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! We love you both and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lexie! I know the wait can be a tough time, but can assure you it is all worth it. We went throug ivf as well and just recieved our little guy and the feeling is amazing. It is a long road and I wish you and your family all the best through the process.

    ReplyDelete