Saturday, July 4, 2009

Retrieval Day - The 4th of July 2009

This is going to be a short post, as I am still a little groggy from the anesthesia. Steve and I arrived at the fertility clinic at 7:30am this morning. By 8:00am I was in the operating room and fast asleep. I woke up around 8:45am and Steve was right there next to me in the recovery room. The doctor came in around 9:00am and shared the good news...13 eggs were retrieved!! Today they will fertilize all of the eggs with a procedure called ICSI. Tomorrow morning they will call us to tell us how many fertilized eggs made it to the embryo stage. By Monday morning, we should know if we are going to do a 3-day transfer or a 5-day transfer. Please pray that our embryo's grow and fertilize normally. Thanks to all of you for you love, support, and encouragement. Now, it's time to catch up on some recorded TV!

1 comment:

  1. So happy the surgery went so well, I have been thinking about you all weekend... We will be praying for you, love you guys!

    Crystal, Ryan and Riley

    ReplyDelete